- Extra heavy-duty field tripod provides support for giant binoculars, cameras, spotters, and telescopes
- Adjustable aluminum-tube legs with lever locks and graduated marks for quick and easy setup
- Legs tri-braced to center elevator for enhanced stability, fully extended height in 67-inches
- Two-way fluid pan head with tension adjustment knobs on both axes for smooth, controlled motion
- Includes 1/4"-20 quick-release show, cushion/spike feet and bubble level. One-year limited warranty
For anything more than casual use you need a tripod that's very stable, strong enough to withstand some serious abuse, and yet moves with fluid smoothness. Our Orion Paragon XHD extra heavy-duty professional field tripod fills the bill, providing extra heavy-duty support for giant binoculars, cameras, spotting scopes, and telescopes such as the Orion ShortTube 80 Refractor telescope, Apex 90, 102 and 127 Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes, TrailHead and ULX ED spotting scopes, and Resolux and GiantView binoculars.
The Orion XHD Paragon-Plus Tripod is constructed almost exclusively of aluminum, making it stronger at key stress points where other tripods fail. It features large, adjustable aluminum-tube legs with robust lock levers for convenient setup and takedown. Each leg features graduated reference etchings so you can quickly and easily extend each leg to the same preferred length - a great timesaver when trying to setup gear in a hurry. The legs are tri-braced to the center elevator housing for extra stability. This paragon-plus tripod is 67-inches tall when fully extended, putting binoculars easily at eye level for most people.
This extra heavy-duty tripod holds heavier loads. Tube legs 1-1/4-inch maximum diameter; each leg laterally braced with dual 3/4-inch aluminum tubes. Elevator shaft 1-1/8-inch diameter, 11-3/4-inch travel. Height fully extended 67-inches; folds to 34-inches. Weighs 9 lbs.