A new DX-format CMOS image sensor and new image-processing engine, EXPEED 2, both developed by Nikon, enable capture of high-definition images with superior image quality
The D7000 is equipped with a new Nikon DX-format CMOS image sensor and a new image-processing engine, EXPEED 2. The camera offers an effective pixel count of 16.2-million pixels and enables capture of high-definition images exhibiting superior image quality with extremely detailed rendering and rich tones with smooth gradations. With standard sensitivity range of ISO100 - 6400 and additional increases of up to Hi 2 (ISO 25600 equivalent), the camera offers improved capability in shooting under dim lighting in the evening or indoors, and also expands possibilities for expression with rapidly moving subjects.
EXPEED 2 is Nikon's latest image-processing engine developed using the ideas, expertise and technologies in digital imaging that Nikon has cultivated over the years. EXPEED 2 enables faster image processing, a high level of noise reduction, better color reproduction characteristics, and reduced power consumption.
Other functions and features new to the D7000
- A glass pentaprism for viewfinder frame coverage of approximately 100 and magnification of approximately 0.94x.
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 100 shots at approximately 6 fps, and a very precise and durable shutter unit that has passed testing for 150,000 cycles
- New U1 and U2 settings on the mode dial allow users to assign frequently used settings including ISO sensitivity and exposure compensation, for instant recall, by simply rotating the mode dial
- Live view function that can be smoothly enabled with the dedicated live view switch
- Double SD memory card slot that enable use of two SD memory cards (SDHC, SDXC also supported)
- The Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL15, which enables capture of 1,050 shots, when fully charged
- Support for the new Multi-Power Battery Pack MB-D11 (sold separately), which holds not only Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries EN-EL15, but also AA batteries
- Nikon's image browsing and editing software, ViewNX 2, supplied with purchase