- Kind of compressorElectric
- The purpose of the compressorHousehold
Building on our expertise learned from the original designs, Sanden is developing new electric compressor designs for the world's next generation electric and hybrid vehicles. Sanden's upcoming electric compressor designs will again feature the efficient, durable, and quiet scroll compressor; however, several improvements will be made to the original design. For example:
- The new design will have the drive electronics integrated into a single casing as opposed to the older generation which had a separate compressor and electronics housing. The integrated design will provide a smaller and lighter compressor solution.
- The inverter electronics will be cooled by the refrigerant gas of the A/C system unlike the previous generation that was water or air cooled.
- The upcoming design will use an improved, industry standard, communication signal that can be customized to meet the needs different vehicle applications.
The latest generation of Sanden electric compressor will began production in April 2009. This new EC model is proprietary; however, Sanden intends to release a generic version that will be available to all customers. This page will be updated as soon as the generic model is available. No information about the new design can be released until the generic version is ready for introduction.